或许你不会在语言中遇见我,但是你一定会在文字中发现我。

November 30, 2010

Victim of My Own Optimism?

I couldn't believe it when I read this from Gilbert's "Eat Pray Love", "I have a history of making decisions very quickly about men. I have always fallen in love fast and without measuring risks. I have a tendency not only to see the best in everyone, but to assume that everyone is emotionally capable of reaching his highest potential. I have fallen in love more times than I care to count with the highest potential of a man, rather than with the man himself, and I have hung on to the relationship for a long time (sometimes far too long) waiting for the man to ascend to his own greatness. Many times in romance I have been a victim of my own optimism."  Elizabeth Gilbert
She is speaking just exactly how I am when I was in a relationship and also carrying the same perspective in many areas. But for this especially, the short para just well described how I am in all my relationships.
Believing so much that living my life with no regrets, always plunged in like never fall in love before and go deeper each time :p guess I must be mastering love so well that I dare to let myself sink deeper each time and most always said we learn from mistake but I think God look up on me and keep giving me new experiences.
There is this saying about women's heart is like an ocean, hard to predict...but I think in this complex world, men are the same now, because some just don't know you love them as who they are and keep having the stereo type that the woman next to him is trying to change him and so he must stand firm on his ground, so to keep having this "Love me as who I am" ^^ Sometimes I think John Grey is the culprit :p because he came out with this "Men are from Mar and Women are from Venus" thingy...so giving all the reason to men and women every reason not to be better...LOL!
Despite all the hardships as what she mentioned "victim of my own optimism", I do scare about who, how and what comes next, but I'm still optimistic and believe in true love does exist. Is just the matter of when is this "one day" will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

生命的层次

在九运的运转下, 科技的飞速, 虚实的脱节, 心灵的空虚。 一个恍,慌,荒,谎,晃的时代。 停止过度思考不存在的问题, 用绝对的理智管控不该有的情绪。  时刻保持清醒的把自己处在的层次理清 ~ • 第一层次的物质生命: 钱,权,性,利,情。 • 第二层次的精神生命: 仁,义,礼,...